Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catching Up....Again!

Okay, so I know I am slacking a bit. So here I am with another post and some more photos. The month of September flew by so fast, I hardly can believe it. We started it out down in Oklahoma, where we visited Mark and Alli for Labor Day weekend. We had such a fun time playing with the kids, and just hanging with family. I also had a fabulous time shopping with Alli and Lexi!!! (Colt and Deven were quite board!!) It was a quick trip, but we had a lot of fun. We were able to shop, golf, play, and even get some pictures taken while we were there. (Thanks Alli) (BTW I am going to post some of the pictures Alli took, but to see more of her work click on her photography link...she is amazing!!!) We are so glad we were able to go down there, because Mark and Alli are now moving to Arizona. We will miss them, but we are glad that they were able to find a job near friends and closer to Utah!
The second adventure to write about is my trip back to Missouri from being in Utah for Grandma J's funeral. You see it is not an easy task getting back to Northeast Missouri. The major airports are in either Kansas City (2 hour and 15 minute drive) or in St. Louis (3 hour drive). The day I had to fly back in, Colt was not able to come get me. (He had a test). For that reason, I flew into St. Louis where I could get on a flight into Kirksville. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I knew it was going to be a small plane. I, however, wasn't prepared for how small it was. There was the pilot, one other passenger and me! The plane had 4 passenger seats, plus the pilot and copilot seats. Luckily the rain let up that day, and it turned out to be a beautiful flight. It was fun taking off from St. Louis where you could see the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. It was a good experience, even though I was a little nervous at first.
When Colt came to pick me up I was very excited to see him. That was the longest we have ever been apart since we have been married. When I got home, he had typed up a sign to put on the garage (which he was very proud of). It said "Welcome home Dr. Bunny." Dr. Bunny is a nickname given to me by my friends at Parkway pharmacy...and I guess it has stuck! Colt asked if the picture of the sign was going to be put on the blog, and I said you bet!! How cute is he!!!!


Master J said...

We had so much fun while you were here. We are sad we are leaving. Mark said last night "I feel like we are abandoning Colt and Kandis". We will miss you and hopefully you can come to AZ soon.


Whitaker Family said...

You two could be models. Those pictures are fabulous. I am glad to see that all is well. I started golfing a little and Casey bought me a new driver for my birthday, I was way excited. We will have to go when you guys are around next spring or summer. Love ya

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the cute birthday song on my are so sweet Kandis!

Are you coming out to Utah for Christmas? If so, we are going to plan a friends Christmas party. It will be lots of fun. Let me know. Talk to you soon!

Brendon and Stephanie said...

Funny, I commented on an August post and thought you NEVER posted. I guess I was wrong.

I think I would be more nervous about flying in a small plane. My mom always told me those were the only planes that crash and I haven't gotten over it.

Love your blog! So fun to read!